Thursday, April 30, 2009

My creative workspace has the color Verdigris

I am so much into Verdigris lately, I could paint everything into Verdigris! :-)
(Verdigris creatures in Copenhagen)

(find my new verdigris creations in my shop)

But what exactly is Verdigris?: Verdigris is the common name for the green coating or patina formed when copper, brass or bronze is weathered and exposed to air or seawater over a period of time.

The name Verdigris comes from the Middle English vertegrez, from the Old French verte grez, an alteration of vert-de-Grèce ("green of Greece"). The modern French spelling of this word is vert-de-gris. Since it was used as a pigment in paintings and other art objects (as green color), it was required by artists in Greece. (Notice that my Verdigris is a bit more turquoise then green)

14 comments:

Saskia said...

Inderdaad zéér mooie kleur, Verdigris!! En natuurlijk weer prachtinge creaties!!

Fijn weekend,
Saskia

Unknown said...

Lovely to see your work in progress! Thanks for sharing.
~Emily x

Sigmosaics said...

gorgeous work .. al your new work is wonderful and I love 'verdigris' very much :D

ingermaaike said...

Het is inderdaad en geweldig mooie kleur

jealousydesign said...

nice to see the work in progress. And the color looks great on your work :)

Veerle said...

Kende dit niet voor jouw creaties!
Leuk om er iets over te lere,!

Anonymous said...

I too love verdigris! love your work

EvaForeva said...

I love how it give a piece an aged look. Looks amazing!

Kirsty said...

I really enjoyed these project shots. Thanks for sharing a bit of your process.

Jemma. said...

That's what I like to call "Statue of Liberty Green". One of my favourites

Kellie @ 74LL said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful pieces but a little colour lesson too. Think I will try and use the 'verdigris' in a sentence today!

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

Super! What fabulous creatinos you make with these! Happy weekend, Fleur! :)

Febystan said...

I love verdigris and your turquoise shade looks beautiful and calming.

Lisa Crone said...

SO COOL! I love that you showed how you did these!